Astea recognized for its comprehensive portfolio of user-oriented mobile field service applications that meet the evolving needs of organizations, technicians and customers.
HORSHAM, PA (December 10, 2018) — Astea International Inc., a leading global provider of field service management and mobility solutions, announced today that it has earned the 2018 Company of the Year Award in Mobile Field Service Management from Frost & Sullivan. Based on its analysis of the field service management software industry, Frost & Sullivan selected Astea for its comprehensive and user-oriented mobile field service application portfolio, its ability to meet the evolving needs of field service organizations, and its visionary partnerships with emerging technology vendors.
„Astea has distinguished itself in a crowded field by its accomplishments on a number of simultaneous fronts,” said Frost & Sullivan’s Industry Director, Mobile & Wireless Communications, Jeanine Sterling. “The company has designed a comprehensive and user-oriented mobile portfolio, treated its mobilized capabilities and applications as one strategic whole, and has forged the type of visionary technology partnerships that position it well for evolving technician and customer needs.”
The Astea Alliance® mobile field service application portfolio offers tools designed for every person who plays a role in service delivery, including technicians, supervisors, third-party and contingent workers, and end-customers. Astea understands the importance of user adoption and thus designs its award-winning apps specifically for each type of user.
“Our newest mobile app, Mobile Manager Workbench, enables managers, supervisors and crew chiefs to perform all their daily duties while they are on the road, in their service truck, or at a job site,” said David Giannetto, Astea’s chief operating officer. “In the app, managers can redirect workloads and assign new service orders with drag-and-drop functionality; review and approve timesheets, field quotes and purchase requisitions; and view vital, real-time information on their service team’s performance such as SLA Hit Rates and Cost per Call. Service personnel are mobile–service management should be as well.”
In addition to its comprehensive portfolio of mobile field service tools, Frost & Sullivan recognizes that Astea is anticipating customer and worker requirements, forging top-tier partnerships with emerging technology providers and investing wisely. All of these actions enable Astea to address the evolving needs of field service organizations, including:
Maintaining a strong emphasis on ease of use
- According to Frost & Sullivan, “Astea rebuilt and modernized the user interface (UI) and capabilities of its mobile field service applications to increase user adoption and technician productivity. Astea sent its software developers out into the field to shadow service technicians in order to better understand their needs and the environments in which they operate. Hands-on research of this type supported Astea’s decision to use Google Material Design principles to create a familiar and highly functional UI in its Alliance Mobile Edge mobile field service app.”
Anticipating and addressing the evolving role of field service technicians
- Astea recognizes that a new type of field service employee will be deployed during the coming years—one who is more independent and will require tools that enable tighter connections to other field technicians, to supervisors and managers, to customers, and to back-end systems.
- Astea empowers tomorrow’s field service workers by seamlessly integrating its Alliance Mobile Edge™ app with augmented reality solutions so that they can quickly tap into far-away expertise. Alliance Mobile Edge also integrates with wearable technology for easy, hands-free capturing, categorizing and sharing of knowledge from the field.
Meeting heightened end-customer expectations
- Today’s customers are more demanding when it comes to the quality, timeliness, and responsiveness of field service work.
- “Customers’ time is valuable, their days are filled, and up-to-date information such as a field technician’s expected time of arrival (not a three hour window) is increasingly expected,” said Emily Hackman, director of global marketing at Astea International. “Our clients can deliver all the self-service capabilities their end customers demand through our Alliance customer portal and mobile app, such as booking appointments, tracking technician location just like a rideshare driver, and getting ETA’s and statuses on open tickets. End-customers can also open new service tickets in seconds by scanning a barcode on a troubled piece of equipment. The results for field service organizations are quicker trouble resolution, happier customers, and even increased sales.”
Frost & Sullivan acknowledges additional areas in the mobile field service management market where Astea has displayed innovation and leadership including: easier integrations to external systems, leveraging of the wearable form factor, expert management of the growing population of contract field service workers and enhanced business intelligence and analytics.
About Astea International
Astea International is a global leader in field service and mobile workforce management, including all the cornerstones of full service lifecycle management: customer management, service management, asset management, forward and reverse logistics management and mobile workforce management and optimization. Astea technology helps the world’s best service-driven companies generate higher profit while properly balancing customer satisfaction and service levels through proactive communication that creates a seamless, consistent and highly personalized experience at every customer relationship touch point. Astea’s solutions unify processes, people, parts, and information to focus the entire organization on the creation of sustainable value in highly competitive, global markets.
www.astea.com. Service Smart. Enterprise Proven.
© 2018 Astea International Inc. Astea, Astea Alliance and Alliance Mobile Edge are all trademarks of Astea International Inc. All other company and product names contained herein are trademarks of the respective holders.
Director of Global Marketing
Investor Relations Contact:
Renmark Financial Communications Inc.
Tel: (416) 644-2020 or (514) 939-3989