The 17th annual Field Service Conference at Amelia Island, Florida was another success!
The event brought together FSM solution vendors and hundreds of the industry’s most senior-level executives. Participants had the opportunity to:
- Network with industry leaders to find out firsthand where field service is headed, and how their company can stay on the cutting edge of service.
- Attend interactive workshops to learn strategies and tactics for strengthening service businesses in today’s challenging marketplace.
- Join toolbox talks to brush up on industry best practices that can serve as the foundation of a competitive advantage.
To ensure every Field Service Conference addresses the industry’s top challenges, Worldwide Business Research (WBR), who hosts the event, spends six months researching and designing a detailed agenda focused on participants’ pain points.
This year’s core themes were:
- Leveraging emerging technology like IoT for field service, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to provide more service value and superior customer and business outcomes.
- Meeting the industry’s urgent technician shortage with better technology and stronger recruitment, engagement, and contractor management programs.
- Generating higher service revenue by understanding what customers want and building service offerings that deliver.
Astea was proud to sponsor this year’s event and teamed up with Software AG to present a roundtable on how we’re combining forces to help customers take advantage of field service management (FSM) solutions equipped with IoT technologies and predictive analytics.
Astea Is a Global Leader in FSM Solutions
Astea International is a global leader in field service and mobile workforce management, including all full-service lifecycle management cornerstones:
- Customer management
- Service management
- Asset management
- Forward and reverse logistics management
- Mobile workforce management and optimization
For more than 40 years, Astea technology has been helping the world’s best service-driven companies generate higher profits while properly balancing customer satisfaction and quality of service.
Our solutions unify processes, people, parts, and information to remove the hurdles to creating sustainable value in our increasingly competitive marketplace.
Software AG Is a Titan of Integration and Emerging Technology
Software AG is an industry leader in integration, IoT, analytics, process software, and services. More than 70% of the world’s top 1,000 enterprises use at least one of Software AG’s products or services.
Software AG helps organizations drive innovation and business results through data democratization and analysis — the free flow and processing of information via cloud services, mobile applications, edge computing, IoT, and more.
Why Is Astea Teaming Up With Software AG?
The Astea-Software AG partnership will further strengthen our industry-leading software by integrating field service IoT into our service management platform.
As customers increasingly demand maximized uptime, field service organizations (FSOs) face mounting pressure to move toward Outcomes as a Service (OaaS) models.
And with more types of equipment to service and more advanced machines in use, in most cases, real-time monitoring through IoT connected devices is a prerequisite to delivering on such models.
Roundtable Recap: FSM Solutions Integrated with IoT Are a Winning Strategy
Astea’s Alliance Enterprise now provides seamless integration to Software AG’s award-winning IoT platform, Cumulocity. The integration enables FSOs to easily:
- Monitor machines in real-time through cloud-connected applications to catch problems before they occur.
- Add devices, users, and equipment to the IoT platform to scale operations up as needed.
- View self-service data analytics pulled together from field operations to provide customers improved performance and maximized uptime.
By using a fully integrated field service management platform infused with emerging technologies like IoT and predictive analytics, your service-centric organization can:
- Ensure service scalability and reliability across geographies and market segments.
- Consolidate all business applications in one easily accessible platform to achieve greater visibility across operations.
- Arm field staff and office teams with information to perform their jobs more quickly and accurately, providing a lower effort, higher satisfaction experience to customers.
- Increase service revenue while lowering the cost of service delivery by reducing the number of truck rolls and improving inventory utilization.
- Deliver a personalized and proactive customer experience by harnessing data to create new personalized service offerings and enabling more managed services around smart devices.
- Offer proactive maintenance to make your customers happier by predicting and preventing issues before they impact business objectives.
- Simplify asset management and improve equipment uptime by spotting trends and taking preventive action.
With real-time field data at your fingertips, you and your team can make more accurate decisions to improve service delivery performance, cut costs, and ultimately achieve higher levels of customer satisfaction.
To discover more about the opportunities an FSM solution equipped with IoT capabilities can bring to your FSO, download the full whitepaper on how IoT Technology is Driving Field Service Transformation.